Archive for the ‘Online Dating – Man’ Category
So you’ve just joined an online dating community. Do not be discouraged when your prospect dates have not yet responded to your queries.
Women members of online dating portals receive an average of fifty to 200 queries from other members of the opposite sex. This means she’s just taking time going through all the queries she had received. You need to be a bit more patient.
Have a proactive approach when it comes to online dating. Focusing on one woman would reduce your chances of landing a response.
Try sending messages to different women in order to bolster the probabilities of getting a good response.
Carefully choosing your would-be dates is a good thing to do since this would help you land the dates who have the
same interests as yours. However, don’t be too selective.
You have to try creating a unique profile when sending messages. Make it stand out because there will be a lot of
messages for one woman from other members of the online dating community.
Starting out with an interesting username is favorable. In addition, read through the profiles of your intended
partners in order to incorporate a few things they like on your own profile, but keep in mind to include just the
things you are actually interested in.
By doing so, your prospective partners will read through your profile after receiving a query from you and end up
remembering you because of the stuff that’s on your profile.
She may even feel that you took the time to read through her profile and subsequently establish a connection with
Be truthful about the things you put on your profile. Lying about stuff will just ruin your entire reputation in the
online dating community.
In addition, it will be harder to correct lies whenever you and your dates have known each other better. It would also prevent you from enjoying while you’re on a date with the other members of the online dating community because you’ll be too careful to cover up all the lies you’ve told your dates before you got to go out on a date with them.
While you search the internet for that special lady…the one of your dreams…your soul-mate…the other half of yourself, you can do a lot of things right. Sadly, you can, also, do a lot of things wrong….things that will guarantee failure and a broken heart. Out in the “real” world, being aggressive, demanding perfection and even little white lies are all ingredients for success. However, those same qualities are killers when you are dating online and off line, too, for that matter.
There is a big difference between being aggressive or confident and being too aggressive, over-confident, or just plain sleazy or slimy from a woman’s point of view. If you push too hard for a face-to-face, you will come across as too aggressive…maybe even, scary. Try to remember that you are not trying to close a business deal and keep the relationship progressing at a slow but steady pace. Patience is the key.
Nobody is perfect. We are all flawed in some way or another…and that includes you, as well. If you expect the woman to be absolutely perfect and demand that, you will always be disappointed. Demanding perfectionism in your work is one thing. Demanding perfectionism from a friend, co-worker or a lady you are interested in is not just fine. It won’t happen. Expect flaws and just deal with them. Decide the ones you can live with and those you can’t.
Little white lies and false fronts won’t work. Be honest from the beginning of a relationship. Write your profile. Make it interesting but don’t make false statements. The truth will come out eventually anyway. If you say you are a lawyer who makes a million bucks a year and you are really an electrician that makes $75,000, you have set yourself up for failure.
Remember…don’t be too aggressive, expect to ever find perfection or put on a false front.
Many of the same things work for online flirting that work for “brick and mortar” flirting and all relationships begin with successful flirting. Flirting is an art that requires oozing confidence without being OTT. If you go too far, she will label you “slimy” If you don’t go far enough, she will label you “wimpy”. So how do you achieve that point half way between slimy and wimpy and do it online without using eye contact or body language? All you have is a computer an internet connection and membership in an online dating site, right?
1. Have fun! Be light-hearted, funny and entertaining. Make her eager to talk to you again. Flirting is playful.
2. Ooze confidence. Successful flirts have a positive outlook on life. You need to transmit the “feel good” factor. An optimistic attitude attracts females like honey attracts flies.
3. 3. Compliment her…and do it often and sincerely. Nothing opens doors like making her feel good about herself. She will want to spend more time with you and if she pays you a compliment say “thank you”. Do Not be self depreciating.
4. Listen…listen….listen. Pay attention to what she says and ask appropriate questions. Get her to open up and talk about herself. Make her feel like she is interesting and that you are interested in her. Works wonders!
5. Don’t be rude. Flirting does not include being sexually explicit nor taking offence if the lady isn’t responding to you. If she isn’t interested, take the hint and move on to the next prospect. If you get a lot of rejections, you should probably consider a different approach.
6. Send an email after you chat. This ranks right up there with sending a thank you note for a gift and it is vital to successful flirting.
Don’t try to go too fast. Flirting is the first step to a successful relationship.