Archive for the ‘Dating Humor’ Category
They say that beauty is skin deep, but ugly is to the bone. Whether true or not, what the saying implies is that mere physical features are not all that makes a person unattractive. Although we should never judge a book by its cover, here are a few things that are not pretty.
- Personality – No matter what you look like, a bad personality will spoil it for anyone. If you spend all your time on your appearance, and not on your social skills, nobody will find you attractive.
- Dirty – You could be a really attractive person, but it won’t show through a layer of grime. Even if you don’t look like a Greek god or goddess, cleanliness is the next best thing.
- Smell bad – Who cares what you look like if you literally stink? Whether its body odor or overpowering perfume, when you smell bad, nobody wants to get close enough to see your inner beauty.
- Frowning/Negative attitude – Nothing spoils a beautiful countenance like a perpetual frown. A smile, of course, would have the opposite affect. Are you constantly complaining or always seeing the worst in everything? This may have others seeing the worst in you.
- Bad Teeth – Smiling can have a negative affect, however, if you don’t take care of your teeth. Stained, crooked or missing teeth can have a detrimental impact on your overall appearance.
- Ugly clothes – Nobody will see your lovely face if they can’t take their eyes off your hideous clothes. At least this is something easily “changed.”
- Hair – So many people make very unfortunate choices in what they do with their hair. Some guys will hide their best features behind a big bushy beard. Although your hair may not be your best feature, don’t make it your worst.
- Morbid obesity – Most people would not consider being a few pounds overweight as ugly, but there’s a limit. At some point people will not be able to get past the layers you’ve put in the way.
- Annoying voice – You may think she’s the most beautiful woman in the room until she opens her mouth. The voice that sets your teeth on edge will be an ugly feature for both guys and gals.
- Bad habits – Biting your nails, picking or sucking your teeth, loudly chewing gum and spitting are just a few things that will affect your appearance to others. These are all bad but smoking or chewing tobacco are the worst!
We all have to make the best of the physical attributes we have. For those of us who are more blessed than others, your beauty is only in the eye of the beholder. Make sure you’re not doing something to sabotage your appearance.
(Your First Memory Blog) It’s always great to share a laugh when it comes to online dating, so the Online Dating News Blog has put together some funny dating quotes that are sure to bring a smile to your face:
“A man who is separated from his wife, but not quite divorced yet, is suing eHarmony.com for refusing to help him find a date… Ah, Man, it’s sad to see what’s happened to Nick Lachey, isn’t it?” ~ Jay Leno on The Tonight Show.
“Computer dating is fine… if you’re a computer.” ~ Rita Mae Brown
“According to the Wall Street Journal, in the month of December, 4.3 million people went on a date through Match.com… 4.1 million of them are still missing.” ~ Jay Leno on The Tonight Show.
“I date this girl for two years — and then the nagging starts: ‘I wanna know your name…’” ~ Comedian Mike Binder
“The only time a woman really succeeds in changing a man is when he’s a baby.” ~ Natalie Wood
“Marriage is a fine institution – but I’m not ready for an institution.” ~ Mae West
(Your First Memory Blog) Ann and Jeff met on an online dating service and after a few dates together it looked like true love could be in the making. Only three weeks after first meeting in person, Ann’s 24th birthday arrived and Jeff (28 years old) wanted to do something that would impress her and deepen their growing relationship.
So the day before Ann’s birthday, Jeff went to the store and purchased a birthday card. He wrote in it, “Dear Ann, Happy birthday! I have included for you one red rose for every year of your life.”
Jeff sealed the card then went to the florist. He ordered two dozen red roses (24 total) to be delivered to his date’s work the next day. He also gave the florist the card and asked that it be included. Jeff then generously tipped the florist $20 for her help.
The next day as the florist was putting together the two dozen roses, she remembered the $20 tip and as a nice gesture decided to include an extra dozen roses. She then included the card and delivered it as scheduled.
After months of not knowing why Ann never returned his phone calls or emails, Jeff has finally returned to the online dating world.